In August of 2020 Mike Tyson returned to the Joe Rogan show for his second interview (his first was January 2019). I was absolutely astonished at some of the point blank wisdom that Tyson delivers and wanted to share my favorite quotes here.
Note: I’ve added (approximate) time stamps to each quote and the full interview at the end if you want to hear the full context.
- “Getting in shape is [being] able to fit your clothes. Being in condition is being able to come outside of your soul.” 3:20
- “Impossible is nothing to somebody that tries.” 8:56
- “If you don’t have that doubt you’re going to have a lot of trouble.” 11:15
- “You have to know who you can be at certain times in your life.” 31:04
- “If you knew who you were right now you’d be really limited, because life is about change.” 31:15
- “It’s very difficult when times change to change with the times. The times is not the people around you the time is just the development and time you have left on this planet to develop who you are.” 31:40
- “I believe style is irrelevant. It’s the morale behind the style. Success in fighting and life is about desire and will. How bad do you want it? Is it worth dying for?” 52:40
- “When the universe puts the light on you there’s nothing stronger than a person who’s time has come. We all get that moment to shine.” 58:25
- “I don’t care how good you are at anything, you don’t have discipline you ain’t nobody.” 1:06
- “Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but do it like you love it.” 1:06
- “Our feelings are enslaved by our emotions and our emotions are enslaved by our feelings.” 1:24:38
- “Greatness is the willingness to die.” 1:47:50
- “I’m a conqueror now because I’ve conqueroed myself and my demons.” 1:49:30
- “The name of the game is stay busy and keep working.” 1:59:15
Bacon McNuggets says
Dude I want to read all the crazy ones, too! I was hoping they were in here.