I’ve done several interviews lately and I thought it would be fun to answer some questions that no one has really asked yet. So, here are 25 things you probably didn’t know about me.
1. I used to have long hair.
2. If I had to choose a motto I’d go with what my father used to always tell me: “Where this is a will, there is a way.” (also Col. 3:23)
3. I would do just about anything for a Ben & Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie milkshake.
4. My favorite super hero is either Flash or Green Lantern.
5. On Thursday and Friday night you will likely find me at the nearest Regal Cinemas Theater. I’ll even sit through bad movies, thanks in part to MoviePass. (You can check out a list of my favorite movies here)
6. The best book I’ve read recently is Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.
7. No matter where I go you’ll find a Gerber Paraframe Knife clipped to my left pocket. Yes, I even took one to the airport by accident (that was a fun day).
8. I’m a little obsessed with tracking pretty much everything. I use my FitBit and MyFitnessPal daily. I also have spreadsheets that track things like how many hours I write, amount of sleep, how much I workout, money spent on gas or groceries, and so on. If you can think of it, I’m probably tracking it.
9. I won intramural championships in men’s volleyball, co-ed softball, and men’s softball. Got really close in co-ed football and 3 on 3 basketball. When you wear a championship shirt around UF, people will actually walk up and talk to you about it.
10. My favorite foods are country fried steak, dressing (as in for Thanksgiving), corn casserole, and twice baked potatoes. But I probably eat more fried chicken than anything else.
11. I was the first person in the state of Florida to get a 6.0 on the Florida Writes test, in 4th grade.
12. I have a proclivity for breaking windows. Threw baseball threw my dad’s rear car window, hit a tennis ball through my bathroom window, kicked a soccer ball through my parents bedroom window, and threw a rock through a friend’s front house window.
13. In middle school my math teachers wanted me to drop out of honors math because I struggled. I then went on to graduate summa cum laude with a Master’s in Engineering.
14. I’ve skied the Swiss Alps.
15. I can recite every president of the United States in order.
16. I’ve only broken two bones: my pinky toe on my right foot and my pinky on my left hand.
17. I designed my wife’s engagement ring. #theycallmeengineer
18. I don’t enjoy roller coasters or ice cream, but I like theme parks and frozen yogurt. No, I can’t explain that.
19. You know those basketball hoops at fairs that you can win a stuffed animal for making a shot? I’ve won…twice.
20. One of my favorite places in the world is the Boardwalk at Disney. You can walk over to Disney’s Yacht Club and sneak into the pool area. There is sand in the pool!
21. The longest plane ride I’ve ever been on was 16.5 hours (non-stop) to Johannesburg, South Africa.
22. If I could wear this shirt everyday, I would.
23. When I was about five I ripped the toe nail off my big toe on my right foot while trying to hold the door open for my grandmother.
24. I can fall asleep anywhere within about 2 minutes.
25. I wear all my socks inside out.
Leave a comment below including one random fact about you!